A LEADER IN CONSULTANCY SERVICES
The Uni-Consultancy Services(UNIC), an Association affiliated with the Academic Staff of the University of Moratuwa, registered under the Company's act No. 07 of 2007, as a Company Limited by Guarantee carrying on its business at the University of Moratuwa. UNIC is managed by a board of managers consisting of the top management of the University of Moratuwa and act as a “Facilitator” for University Industry Interactions. Our primary objectives is the Effective and Efficient usage of vast expertise knowledge and experience which University of Moratuwa has, to meet the requirements of Sri Lankan Industry by sustainable development through Research and Development culture.
To engage in National and International consultancies that provide opportunities to the University network of Professionals and academics to contribute towards the economic, social and technology development of our Nation.
Uni-Consultancy Services is committed to build the Nation through foreign/other Consultancies engaging the vast array of technology resources available at the University of Moratuwa and other Universities in Sri Lanka and abroad, serving the needs of Industry at large and transfer of state-of-the-art technology.
- To promote industry based research.
- To collaborate with external agencies in obtaining resources for the development of research and consultancies.
- To organize and promote the dissemination of knowledge through seminars, workshops, conferences, and exhibitions etc.
MAIN LINE OF BUSINESS
- Eng./ Arch./ IT/Education
- Project Management Activities
- Design Projects
- Construction Supervision
- Feasibility Studies
- EIA Studies
- Need Assessment Studies
- Event Organizing and Management
- Marketing International Collaborative Programs
Academic Staff at the University of Moratuwa are professionally qualified in their respective professions, and have had ample exposure to the Industry. They provide important advice and carry out consultancy projects to the Government Ministries, Corporations and Boards, as well as to the private sector Industry in the country. The range of services provided by the academic staff to the government and industry covers a wide spectrum, ranging from Research and Development activities, Advice on major projects and focused consultancy projects to Development of Standards, Corporate Strategies and Master Plans.
The highly qualified staff of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa is presently specialized in nine major disciplines of engineering, as:
- Civil Engineering (including Divisions of Structural and Building Engineering, Hydraulics Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Highway Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, and Surveying).
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Material Science and Engineering
- Earth Resources Engineering
- Textile and Clothing Technology
In addition, we have academic staff specializing in Management of Technology, Mathematics, and Transport & Logistics Management, under the Faculty of Engineering.
Academic staff is available in six major disciplines under the Faculty of Architecture, as:
- Architecture/ Built Environment
- Building Economics/ Facilities Management
- Town & Country Planning
- Landscape Design
- Integrated Design
Academic Staff are available under the Faculty of Information Technology in the fields of Information Technology, Management Systems, Software Engineering, etc.